Date: Saturday 9th March 2019
Location: University of Kent Sport Centre, Canterbury, CT2 7NL
UKKC would like to invite you to the fourth UK Kyusha Shiai Geiko-kai, hosted at The University of Kent. Aimed specifically at beginners (shodan and below), this is your chance to gain shiai experience and meet fellow Kendoka from around the UK. This event is open to any kendoka who have put on men.
交剣知愛 (kou ken chi ai) – ‘cross your swords and understand/love each other’. We hope for everyone to learn alongside friends old and new, experience lots of shiaigeiko and keep kendo as a lifetime pursuit!
Free ji-geiko only (open to all grades): £1 (Payable on the day)
Practice your shiai skills and best kendo with advice from instructors, and then put them to use in a real match. Show your best spirit to be considered for a fighting spirit award!
Limited sets of bogu are available for those who do not have their own. Please contact Irene Gyamfi on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
This is not a competition where there will be one winner- but fighting spirit prizes will be awarded to those who really stand out!
1. Go to https://kentunion.co.uk/shop
2. Scroll down to the ‘Kendo Kyusha Shiai-Geiko Kai Event’ products. Do not use the search bar.
3. Click ‘Add to Basket’ beside either the ‘non student ticket’ (£5) or ‘student ticket’ (£2).
4. Scroll to the top of the page, click on the basket icon and proceed to checkout.
5. Fill out the required details. In the ‘Name’ field, enter your name and your dojo name in brackets. e.g. Irene Gyamfi (UKKC). The ‘Student ID’ field does not have to be filled.
6. Proceed to payment.
7. Once the payment is complete, you will receive a confirmation email with an order ID. Please send your name, dojo name and order ID to us on Facebook (message host) or email email@example.com.
If you have any issues or questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!